2016 Beetle Dune
2016 Beetle Dune
When you’re in the 2016 Beetle Dune, the road less travelled will quickly become a road you’ve travelled. Filled with a powerful 1.8 TSI® 170 HP engine, and a suite of off-road features like rough-road suspension, a wider track, and protective side mouldings, the 2016 Beetle Dune is a bug that drives like a dune buggy. So whether it’s on-road or off-road, you’re in for an edge-of-your-seat ride on one of the most iconic seats on the road.
Looks like the desert caught the Bug.
While unmistakably a Beetle, the Beetle Dune brings a new edge to a heritage-inspired icon. Taking design inspiration from the dune buggy and desert spirit, the Beetle Dune brings a tough attitude to the Beetle family along with thoughtful technologies.
A beefed-up exoskeleton.
With a wider track and a raised suspension, the Beetle Dune sports an aggressive style. And with a unique exterior Sandstorm Yellow color option, new LED taillights, a black honeycomb front grille, and a new wheel design, this Beetle shows that it’s not afraid to hide.
This isn’t a mirage.
Unique design cues don’t only apply to the outside of the Beetle Dune. Features like the special sport seats, an instrument panel with yellow accents, and a flat-bottomed steering wheel with a Dune badge show that this Beetle makes an interior feel like an oasis.
Your Dune. Your tune.
Make like a rock, and roll. Features like Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect1—which can display select music apps and more from your compatible smartphone onto your touchscreen—available Fender® Premium Audio System, a rearview camera, and Park Distance Control make the Beetle Dune a well-equipped iconic coupe.
2016 Beetle Convertible — 2016 Beetle Coupe — 2016 Beetle Denim Convertible
2016 Beetle Dune Key Features:
Rough-road suspension, a wider track, and a lifted chassis are just some of the off-road features the Beetle Dune has to offer. Because when you don’t need the road, you can spend more time driving.
Bi-Xenon headlights and LED tail lights
With a distinctive shape to match the Beetle Dune’s distinctive chassis, these LED tail lights will make you stand out day and night.
18″ Canyon alloy wheels
These distinctive 18″ Canyon alloy wheels are large for a Beetle – so you know they’ll make a substantial impression.
Two-tone interior with accent stitching
Rugged on the outside. Refined on the inside. Every Beetle Dune has a two-toned interior that’ll make you do a double take – and not just because it’s two-toned.
Ambient lighting feature
With three distinctive lighting colours to choose from, all you have to do is step inside and set the mood.
Standard rearview camera††
Parking has never been easier with the rearview camera. It’s literally like having eyes in the back of your head.
Think smart, with available App-Connect, using either Android Auto™ from Google® , CarPlay™ from Apple® , or MirrorLink™. Its intuitive interface and powerful voice command actions let you easily search for anything online from songs to directions, so you’ll keep your eyes on the road, and not on your screen.
Available Discover Media infotainment system*†
The new Discover Media infotainment system combines next-generation navigation features with in-car media entertainment and App-Connect functionality, all controlled from an easy-to-use 6.33″ touchscreen colour display
*Feature is available on higher trims only and/or as an option.
† Do not drive distracted.
††Driver assistance feature. Drivers must continue to perform manual checks.
2016 VW Beetle Dune Colour Options:
2016 VW Beetle Dune Specs
- • 1.8 TSI® 170 HP, 5-speed manual transmission
- • 1.8 TSI® 170 HP, 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic®
- • Maximum torque: 184 lb-ft at 1,500–4,750 rpm
Standard Equipment Highlights:
- • 18″ Canyon alloy wheels with all-season tires
- • Bi-Xenon headlights with LED signature daytime running lights
- • Contrasting Curry yellow stitching throughout (steering wheel, floor mats, shifter, handbrake, armrest, seat bolsters)
- • Dash pad and interior door moulding in Sandstorm Yellow (solid black for Oryx White and Deep Black)
- • “Dune” clip located on bottom of steering wheel
- • “Dune” folio above protective side mouldings along bottom of door
- • Exterior mirrors painted in Reflex Silver Metallic
- • Instrument cluster accents in Sandstorm Yellow
- • LED rear licence plate illumination
- • LED tail lights
- • Park Distance Control (PDC)
- • Rear spoiler
- • Sport seats
- • Two-tone seats: – Black leatherette bolsters and surrounds – Dark Ceramique cloth – Piping and stitching in Curry yellow
- • Off-road elements:
- – Rough-road suspension
- – Front bumper with alternate air intake and honeycomb design
- – Rear bumper with silver diffuser
- – Skid plate, front and sides, painted silver
- – Wider track, +14 mm vs. standard
- – Chassis, +10 mm vs. standard
- – Protective side mouldings in black matte grained plastic
- – Front stabilizer, solid, 23 mm
Includes from Beetle Comfortline:
- • 50/50 split folding rear seats
- • 8-way manually adjustable front comfort seats including manual lumbar support
- • Alarm system
- • Ambient interior lighting
- • App-Connect smartphone integration (Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay™, MirrorLink™)
- • Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
- • Automatic headlights with coming and leaving home function
- • Auxiliary input
- • Bluetooth® mobile phone connectivity
- • Chrome ring around the cluster, radio/navigation system and air vents
- • Chrome tips on window switches
- • Composition Media – 6.33″ touchscreen infotainment system with proximity sensor, CD player, 8 speakers, and 1 SD card slot
- • Cruise control
- • Dashboard colour-coded to exterior paint with additional glove box
- • Door panels in leatherette
- • Driver and front passenger combined head/thorax side airbag supplemental restraint
- • Driver and front passenger front airbags
- • Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- • Exterior chrome package
- • Front and rear disc brakes
- • Front centre armrest
- • Front fog lights
- • Heatable front seats and washer nozzles
- • Illuminated vanity mirrors
- • KESSY – keyless access with push-start button
- • Leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel, shift knob and handbrake lever
- • Manual climate control
- • Multifunction trip computer and indicator
- • Multi-link rear suspension
- • Panoramic power sunroof
- • Power adjustable, heatable, body-coloured exterior mirrors with LED turn signals
- • Power door locks/windows
- • Rain-sensing wipers
- • Rearview camera
- • SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- • Trip computer
- • USB audio input
- • Blind Spot Detection
- • Discover Media – 6.33″ touchscreen infotainment system with proximity sensor, CD player, satellite navigation, and 2 SD card slots
- • Fender® Premium Audio System – 8 speakers plus subwoofer
Check out the Brochure for more details: 2016 Beetle Dune Brochure
Contact me for more details, or to book a test drive.
Call/Text me on my Cell: 403-471-2951 or use my Live Chat below.
Prefer to simply drop by Northland VW dealership? Please mention this page, and ask for Jason at the Reception desk.
I look forward to meeting you, and exceeding your expectations.